VMware Cloud Community
polysulfide
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Permission to Customization Specifications

Hello,

I am trying to manage a couple of distinct group's VM environments form a single VC 2.5 server.

I have a different data center for each organization. They have distinctly different needs and hardware.

In order for an admin of a specific datacenter to apply an exisiting customization specification, it seems that admin must have "read customization specifications" right at the top level of the VC tree.

Adding that permission alone grants read access to every other datacenter and folder hierarchy in the whole VC.

Before applying this permission, everything else works great with perfect separation. Is there anyw ay to maintain the read separation while providing the ability to apply existing customizations?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Byron_Zhao
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

1) Create a customed role for Customization

2) Assign the group to this role at the top level of the VC tree, uncheck Propagate.

Someone might have a better way to do it, but this is the only way I can find now.

BZ

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Byron_Zhao
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

1) Create a customed role for Customization

2) Assign the group to this role at the top level of the VC tree, uncheck Propagate.

Someone might have a better way to do it, but this is the only way I can find now.

BZ

0 Kudos
polysulfide
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

PERFECT!

Thanks, I don't know why I didn't think of not propogating.

If it was useful, give me credit

http://communities.vmware.com/blogs/polysulfide

VI From Concept to Implementation

0 Kudos