VMware Cloud Community
nkbaumer
Contributor
Contributor

Performance view bug?

We recently found an issue with the performance views that we believe may be a bug. Hopefully someone can help prove or disprove this is happening anywhere else. On any host/VM the advanced performance chart give you the "chart options" menu. However, if you open a popup chart the same option is not available. This is happening on both our VirtualCenter instances running vSphere 4.1.

Thanks,

Nick

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

I don't know if it's a bug, but the chart options... hyperlink is not present. From my understanding and I could be wrong, The pop up chart is designed to display the current chart only, in an outside window.

0 Kudos
nkbaumer
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Troy. That option is what I'm trying to validate. From what I remember, prior to 4.1, it was available in both views.

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

I can validate that the hyperlink is available in my VI3 environment (ESX 3.5.0U5/vCenter 2.5.0U6). If you have a TAM, you can follow up with him/her, or open an SR to find out if there is a PR for this.

nkbaumer
Contributor
Contributor

Good to know that my memory isn't failing me. I'll send it to our TAM to see if it's intended to be this way. Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos