VMware Cloud Community
beefy147
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Performance statistic rollupfrom past week to past month is not occouring in the database. vSphere 6.0

I have a weird health alarm which keeps reappearing in our vSphere 6.0 instances

2015-10-27 09_35_33-vSphere Web Client.png

Normally this is because the some or all of the 3 roll-up jobs in SQL are not working or not running.

My problem is they are all working and running as expected

The day rollup is running over 30 mins, week every 2 hours and monthly every day

The warning alarm seems to clear itself after around 45 minutes. Is this some kind of weird timing issue with the jobs running vs the alarm? This happens in a cycle which i am still trying to determine!

Any advice appreciated

0 Kudos
2 Replies
beefy147
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It seems to happen like this

• week rollup happens at 05:45am
  • day rollups happen 06:00am / 06:30am / 07:00am
  • at just after 07:05am the alarm is triggered
  • week rollup happens at 07:45am (2hrs after the last as expected)
  • at around 07:55am the alarm clears

its like its expecting week rollups quicker than every 2 hours even tho this is the default. is there a setting to tweak? I havent changed anything from default settings so its very confusing

using the windows vCenter 6.0 U1 and SQL server 2014 STD

Thanks

0 Kudos
beefy147
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I thought this might have something to do with the clocks changing last Sunday in the UK

we have rebooted the entire environment this weekend the issue still occurs, had anyone else experienced this with vCenter 6.0 U1 on windows with a SQL DB (2014)?

Thanks

0 Kudos