VMware Cloud Community
renehasp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Performance Monitoring Charts Questions.

Two questions about performance monitoring.

1. Is there any way to get more detailed historical carts then just keeping the history of basics.

A. if I look at the real time graphs I can choose more counters. (See count-default.jpg attachemnt)

B. If I choose too look at the history I only see a limited about of counters in the diffrent graph areas. (See count-default2.jpg attachement)

2. I attached a screenshot (Perfblanks.jpg). I can see that there are interruptions in my performance chart why does this happen and what can I do to fix it.

Thanks

Rene

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonb157
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

What version of VirtualCenter are you using? I had this problem and opened a case up with VmWare and they sent me a fix, however the fix was included in their 2.0.2 release. (It may a different patch, but just read the release notes and you'll see something about historical stats rollup issues.)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
indrajeets
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

PLease update the memory /network/Disk options,

0 Kudos
jonb157
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You can enable more detailed statistics gathering in VirtualCenter under the Administration menu | Virtual Center Management Configuration | Statistics

Here you can change the Collection Level and Thread settings. Be aware though as you get more detailed metrics, the overhead on your VC Database grows.

renehasp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I dont understand. Where can I do this? Which question is this an answer for?

Thanks

Rene

0 Kudos
indrajeets
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Oops, this is error, please ignore

0 Kudos
handers101
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi I am getting gaps in my performance charts also and i cannot show a history of more than one day. Any news on this? I have looked into all the threads that mention time settings and all my clocks are fully synced up.

0 Kudos
jonb157
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

What version of VirtualCenter are you using? I had this problem and opened a case up with VmWare and they sent me a fix, however the fix was included in their 2.0.2 release. (It may a different patch, but just read the release notes and you'll see something about historical stats rollup issues.)

0 Kudos
handers101
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VC 2.5 Thanks

0 Kudos
renehasp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It must be a problem with 3.0.1 I noticed that there is no Gaps in 3.0.2. Thanks for the information

VCenter = 2.50

VHosts Cluster 1 = 3.0.1, 42829 Gaps in Charts

VHosts Cluster 2 = 3.0.1, 42829 Gaps in Charts

VHosts Cluster 3 = 3.0.2, 61618 No Gaps in Charts

0 Kudos
Buddy_S_
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I had a similar issue recently where I lost my daily,weekly and monthly performance data. My isues stemmed form moving the databse to another SQL server. I turned out that the jobs were not moved when the database was copied. You could check and make sure the jobs are running.

See attactment for job names

0 Kudos