VMware Cloud Community
gavinfitz
Contributor
Contributor

Performance Data - Gaps in History

Hi,

I'm having issue's with performance data history, both on VM's & my ESX Hosts.

I'm running on the latest updates, and i'm connected to a dedicated SQL 2005 database server.

I've checked that the ODBC connections are running correctly.

I am able to see realtime data, but there has been no history capture since the 12th of October,

Has anyone had this problem, or are there any reccomendations you can suggest?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RParker
Immortal
Immortal

Did you try restarting the VC service?

gavinfitz
Contributor
Contributor

I have restarted the VC service, and the VC server itself, it has made no difference, has anyone reported the same problem?...

I'm running on ESX 3.5 update 2.

0 Kudos
a2alpha
Expert
Expert

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue though not to the same extreme, I seem to have a lost a couple of days in October and the monthly charts are 3 days behind but increase by a day everyday.

I raised this as a question to the forum last week see the link here:

http://communities.vmware.com/message/1091711

From a little researching I was asked to check:

• The time was synced on all the hosts and the vc itself.

• If the DB was on the same server and if not make sure the connection to it was ok.

• That the three update rollup jobs are running ok with no errors in the SQL Server Agent on the database.

I think the general consensus was that the amount of data being 'rolled up' in these daily jobs was too big and taking too long to copy across and so was failing.

I have 16 hosts and don't have the Statistics level set very high on the 'Administration' settings on VirtualCenter so I wouldn't have though that it was that.

Unfortunately I am still having the same issue but providing it keeps updating albeit 3 days late I can live with it, if it gets worse I will raise it as a support issue with VMWare.

This was a link I found useful: http://communities.vmware.com/message/1075122

Hope something in here helps you,

Dan