VMware Cloud Community
hellraiser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Perf charts service experienced an internal error on vCenter 4 - help!

Built my new vCenter (4.0 update 2), and it works fine with the exception of the Perf Charts service. The above error occurs whenever I try to access the overview on both a vSphere client on the vCenter server and on a remote machine. Database setup is using SQL 2005 on a remote server with windows authentication, ODBC connectivity is fine but I am using a non-standard port. I have edited the config file in C:\Program

Files\VMware\Infrastructure\tomcat\conf\Catalina\localhost\statsreport.xml to account for the custom port but still no success.

stats.log contains the following:-

com.vmware.vim.stats.webui.startup.StatsApplicationLauncher : Start STATs application initialization

com.vmware.vim.stats.webui.startup.StatsReportInitializer : Start STATs report initialization.

com.vmware.vim.stats.webui.startup.VcDataSourceInitializer : Start VC DataSource configuration.

com.vmware.vim.stats.webui.util.VcDbConnectionInfo : Installed over MS SQL

com.vmware.vim.stats.webui.util.VcDbConnectionInfo : VC DB connection initialized from WinRegistry with parameters: DbUrl = jdbc:sqlserver://vcs,12345;instanceName=SQL2K5;databaseName=VCDB;integratedSecurity=true; DbDriver = com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver; DbUser =

com.vmware.vim.stats.webui.startup.StatsApplicationLauncher : Task execution produced an error. Re-initialization attempt #2 will startup after 60 seconds...

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: com.vmware.vim.stats.webui.StatsReportException: Unable to open VC DataSource.

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(FutureTask.java:205)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:80)

at com.vmware.vim.stats.webui.startup.StatsApplicationLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

I've looked at a few KBs (some of which I am apparently not authorized to view?) and have worked through KB 1012812 with no joy.

Any help anyone?

JD

CompTIA A+ Network+

vmware VCP 3

JD
0 Kudos
2 Replies
hellraiser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Fixed it now - turns out the section I was modifiying in statsreport.xml was commented out.... <ahem>... :smileyangry:

JD

CompTIA A+ Network+

vmware VCP 3

JD
0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

Marking thread as answered as OP stated issue has been resolved.

0 Kudos