VMware Cloud Community
thomas_hipple
Contributor
Contributor

Patch Downloading Path Issue During vCenter Update Manager Installation

The first time I tried to install Update Manager for vSphere, it upgraded my SQL database, but failed during the installation, due to a problem with my account password. So, I'm now trying to install UM a second (and third, etc.) time and keep getting stuck at the destination folder screen. Everything goes fine, until it asks me to configure the location for downloading patches. The default path that it gives me is d:/build/ob/bora-208126/bora/build/release/integrity/sysimage/integrity/main, which is completely wrong. If I hit Change, it tells me Error 1314, The specified path is unavailable. Duh, that's why I'm trying to change it! If I hit Next, I get the same response. The bottom line is that I can't continue the installation.

I should add that I was a bad boy and didn't back up my vci-integrity.xml file, which now appears missing. I believe that it would've otherwise pulled the original path from there.

Any suggestions as to how I can fix this?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
thomas_hipple
Contributor
Contributor

I ended up doing a complete uninstall of Update Manager and it worked. This KB article helped: http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=100346...

0 Kudos