VMware Cloud Community
44ark44ark
Contributor
Contributor

Password Expiry on Domain authenticated accounts in VI center

Guys

The issue we have is that all are developers use Workgroup Development machines and then use the VI Client to authenticate against the VI server domain for access to the vi client.

Now when we create the accounts and set the user to change password at first logon this does not come down through to the VI client, I know this is becuase the user is not logging onto a domain member and only authenticating against the domain.

Is there anyway that the user has to change the password before the vi client allows the user to logon and to tell the user when the password expires.

A long shot i k now.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
awong505
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Not through the VI Client to my knowledge. They would need to log into a workstation/server with their domain account to get the change password at first logon prompt.

0 Kudos
Mark_Bradley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

One way you could get round it is to publish the VI Client from Terminal Services/Citrix, the logon process to the Terminal/Citrix Server would allow them to change the password then you can have the VI Client launch as a seamless window.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Check out my blog at http://www.ridethevirt.blogspot.com

__________________________________________________________________________________________ Check out my blog at http://www.ridethevirt.blogspot.com
0 Kudos
mblunier
Contributor
Contributor

Lieber Mailsender Vielen Dank für Ihre e-Mail. Ich bin bis am Montag, 25.5. ausser Haus. Ihre Nachricht wird nicht weitergeleitet. In dringenden Fällen wenden Sie sich bitte an die Zentrale: +41 32 344 86 00. Diese wird Sie mit einer zuständigen Ansprechperson verbinden. Freundliche Grüsse Markus Blunier

0 Kudos
44ark44ark
Contributor
Contributor

yeah thats what i thought implementing a citrix solution is a bit over kill for it though.

Will go back to the backup plan of getting users to log onto a server first to force password changes but will still have an issue with Password expiry. To put it into context we have nearly 400 users that connect to the VI client hence the need for a simple and effective solution.

There is no way we can add there dev machines to the domain though.

0 Kudos