VMware Cloud Community
jpoling
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Oraphaned Templates?

We just discovered that all of our templates show as "oraphaned" in VC 2.0.1 (Patch 2). It is unknown when it happened. Any ideas how to work around this? What would cause this to happen?

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MR-T
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I found the same thing.

To fix the issue, you need to remove the templates from the inventory(right click and select remove), then browse through the VI client to the datastore where the files are held.

Right click the file and select add to inventory (I think that's the option).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
waynegrow
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I have had the same issue with 2.0.0, no patches. I do not understand why though.

MR-T
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I found the same thing.

To fix the issue, you need to remove the templates from the inventory(right click and select remove), then browse through the VI client to the datastore where the files are held.

Right click the file and select add to inventory (I think that's the option).

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I believe this happens when you move the ESX Host that is hosting the Template in and/or out of a cluster. Is it possible you have these types of tasks?

Mr-T has the answer to re-register your templates with a host.

jpoling
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We don't have any such tasks scheduled; however, when I upgraded to Virtual Center 2.0.1 patch 2, it upgraded the agents on the hosts and basically re-added them to VC. I wonder if that is when the templates were orphaned? At any rate, we'll be re-creating them per MR-T's post

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Kudos