VMware Cloud Community
MrVmware9423
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Operation failed since another task is in progress.)

Dear Team,

I have 3 HDD on one of the VM. HDD3 size is 100GB and it's getting full, to increase the capacity of HDD3 ihave added (extended)100GB more to the same HDD with the help of VM edit setting , but when clicked on OK i have got "Operation Time Out Error.

to cross check the hdd3 size i have edited the VM setting it's showing 100gb , but in disk management i m able to see 100GB free space and the same is also displayed in ESX console (SSH)

when i try to take a snapshot of the same VM or when i try to add new HDD on the same it's giving me error i.e."Operation failed since another task is in progress"

Regards

MrVMware

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nava_thulasi39
Jump to solution

Hi,

Use this KB to collect the running task information

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jimraina
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi MrVmware9423

Could you please check really the another task is ogin on ornot ,If not then check through  cmd line may some previous task still on cache ,First kill that service and try it .

"You are stronger than you think"
MrVmware9423
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

how to check running ask via cmd please help me wth the steps

0 Kudos
nava_thulasi39
Jump to solution

Hi,

Use this KB to collect the running task information

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos