VMware Cloud Community
ktwebb68
Contributor
Contributor

Odd Permissions problem

VC 2.0 Will be upgrading to 2.0.1 this weekend sometime.

Everything was allgood. We are in a merger so I added the domain group of our remote counterparts. A guy added another group. At some point my group lost the ability to browse datastores. There's a couple of more permissions we lack but in general we can do everything we need to do expect browse datastores. I can logon as the servers local admin and do everything.

So I created a local group called VCAdmins and put that in the local admin group. removed everything else. Restarted VC service. I can log in but it's the same deal. I can create VM's, migrate on all datacenters. The whole bit but I don't even have the option to browse when I right click on a datastore. Not greyed out. It's not there.

So it's probably something simple. Wondered if anyone had run into anything like this.

As a footnote, can someone link me to a walkthrough for the upgrade. I am backing up the SQL database and with 1.x it was straightforward and I expect that here but wanted something to look at just in case.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ktwebb68
Contributor
Contributor

Gets a bit more odd.

This server is a member server of my side of the mergers domain. Lets say corporate is the domain. I am a domain on that side as well as a domain admin on the other side, lets say financial. Allthough that really doesn't matter. Only permissions on the Hosts and Clusters object is the machine local administrator and the local VCAdmins group I created. If I put myself in VCAdmin with my corporate account, on the same domain as the server, I lose browsing functionality, but if I put my financial account in there and logon all is well. If that helps. Confuses the shizzy out of me. Doesn't make any sense

0 Kudos