VMware Cloud Community
gmaze
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Hi,

I am running VCenter 2.5.0 Build 64192, My ESX hosts are 3.5.0 build 64607.

I have been running backups for the past couple of months with no problem using Vranger 3.2.1 build 20699. Just a week or so ago I started getting the message below and none of my backups will run anymore. To my knowledge nothing has changed on vcenter or vranger. I have uninstalled and reinstalled vranger with no luck. Also I have vranger at 2 other sites that connect to this vcenter and they started having the exact same isuues at the exact same time. A change went into place around that same time enabling Microsoft DFS. I would not think this could be the problem though. Anyone have any thoughts?

Vizioncore vRanger PRO CLI version 3.2

Writing to log: C:\Program Files\vizioncore\esxRanger Professional\Logs\Backup\VirtualMachine_vm-9528_20080519_093944.txt

If you specified -zipname the log will be renamed to match after the backup processes are complete.

VirtualCenter object selected, Gathering information from VirtualCenter.

Determining Appropriate VM(s) to backup.

Building VirtualCenter 2 communication infrastructure.

A generic exception occurred during virtualcenter operations.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Pausing for 30 seconds...

You can safely close this window now.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
luizhbedin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This problem is related with you .NET framework. Try to remove it and reinstall, try to install any available patches as well.

After this, reinstall your app.

This should help

Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
luizhbedin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This problem is related with you .NET framework. Try to remove it and reinstall, try to install any available patches as well.

After this, reinstall your app.

This should help

Smiley Wink

0 Kudos