VMware Cloud Community
Byron_Zhao
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Not able to login into vCenter 5.5 after upgrade

I just upgraded vCenter from 5.1 to 5.5.0, build 1750795. The upgrade process was the smoothest in all the upgrade I have done since 3.5, until I tried to login. It said "You do not have permission to login to the server: vCenter". I found KB 2035758, but when I tried to add a new identity source domain, I got the error saying "There is already a native AD IDS or LDAP AD IDS registered". The vCenter is a child domain member server, but this child domain is not in the identity source, while the root domain and another child domain are. In the web client, I can use admin@system-domain and my domain admin (in the same child domain as vCenter) to login. I can see no hosts were reconnected.

Anyone else has this error before? Does anyone knows what I am missing?

Thanks in advance

Byron

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Byron_Zhao
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Anyway, I contacted tech support and I was told to use administrator@vsphere.local to login, and assigned administrator rights to domain admins at vcenter level. After that I was able to use my domain admin account to login to both vSphere client and web client. After further research, I found that admin@system-domain is no longer the SSO admin, instead it has changed to administrator@vsphere.local. Small stuff, but frustrating.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Byron_Zhao
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Anyway, I contacted tech support and I was told to use administrator@vsphere.local to login, and assigned administrator rights to domain admins at vcenter level. After that I was able to use my domain admin account to login to both vSphere client and web client. After further research, I found that admin@system-domain is no longer the SSO admin, instead it has changed to administrator@vsphere.local. Small stuff, but frustrating.

0 Kudos