VMware Cloud Community
Diffinco
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

No more update after installing version 6.7.0.48000 on VCenter

Hello everyone,

I recently decided to update our VCenter Appliance. I was at version 6.0 and could not directly install version 7.0.

I decided to install CU by CU. Unfortunately arrived at version 6.7.0.48000, impossible to see the following updates.

I obviously tried restarting the appliance as well as manually uploading the ISO. The VCenter does not see the ISO.

PS: I don't have a backup of the interior version and changes have been made since then, I would like to explore all the possibilities before performing a restore.

Thank you all for the help.

Diff

Labels (3)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

>>> I decided to install CU by CU
No need to update CU by CU. Usually (with only a few exceptions) updates are cumulative.

Anyway, with the current patch that you've installed, there's unfortunately no supported upgrade path to version 7.0, so you have to wait until a supported update/patch will be released. See https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/67077 for details.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

>>> I decided to install CU by CU
No need to update CU by CU. Usually (with only a few exceptions) updates are cumulative.

Anyway, with the current patch that you've installed, there's unfortunately no supported upgrade path to version 7.0, so you have to wait until a supported update/patch will be released. See https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/67077 for details.

André

0 Kudos
Diffinco
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I saw that they were cumulative, but when I try to install it, I always got an error message. 

Thank you for the link, is it possible to downgrade the version without restoring it? 

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

As far as I know, it's not possible to downgrade to an earlier build.

André

0 Kudos