VMware Cloud Community
Superiluminal
Contributor
Contributor

No guest console display vSphere Client 5

Hi all,

I have recently upgrade to vCenter version 5 on a fresh machine and subsiquently upgraded all the hosts to ESXi5. I am in the process of upgrading all the vmware tools installs, but being a medical installation I can't just bonce the boxes as I please.

Myself and my colleagues now have an intermitant issue where by both the console tab and the break out window will be a black screen when connected. This is in both the web client and the fat vSphere client. The guest have a mix of v4 & v5 vmware tools installed and it affects both.

It is almost like the console 'screens' have gone into power save and opening the console is not triggering them to wake up. The reason I say this is that several of the machines have vnc on them and if I have the console open (with the black screen) and connect in on vnc from my pc the console springs to life.

Everything is on the same site running over a Gb lan.

I've had a trawl through the forums and the only problems similar to this I can find are when connecting to esx 3.5 hosts from a 4.1 vcenter.

Has anyone experienced this before?

TIA

0 Kudos
4 Replies
davelee212
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I am on leave until January 24th. For anything urgent, get in touch with the Helpdesk by emailling is.helpdesk@globalmarinesystems.com or calling +44 1245 702050.

Dave

0 Kudos
JoeZeppy2
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I'm seeing it too since i upgraded last week. Running ESX 5 hypervisor on a Dell T5400, accessing from Window 7 x86, vSphere client v 5.1.0 build 786111. Here today looking for a remedy. Anyone?

sometimes if I open a seperate console or window, it either comes back, or ai can click on it and it comes back. Only happened since I upgraded 4.1 to 5.1.0

0 Kudos
kdb001
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone found an answer to this one? My vsphere 5.0 started doing the same thing. Running win7, was working fine for about 6 month and today- black console screen also! using another win7 works fine still and RDP is ok also, so problem seems to be coming from the Win7, not the ESxi5.

0 Kudos
memaad
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

If  you connect directly to ESXI host and open console to  affected virtual  machine. Also try connecting to  vSphere ESXI host from different machine and check whether you able to access console of virtual machine.

Regards

Mohammed

Mohammed | Mark it as helpful or correct if my suggestion is useful.
0 Kudos