VMware Cloud Community
marburg
Contributor
Contributor

No connection to MKS on port 902 and 903

Hi community,

as mentioned in the title, I'm currently having problems getting the mks console to work from vSphere Client. The situation is as follows:

The vCenter and all ESXi hosts are behind a firewall, the ports 902, 903 and 443 are open. When trying to connect to the console from the vCenter server, it works fine. When trying it from a client beyond the firewall, I get the message that it wasn't possible to connect to the mks console. The strange thing here is though that the client wants to connect to port 902 on the vCenter server, although this port is obviously not open on this machine. I suggest this is due to the fact that I added the hosts via their FQDN in vCenter. I was using the local IP address first, but the problem there is that the have a different IP behind the firewall than beyond it, so the MKS wouldn't work either.

Could you please assist here, is there something like a MKS proxy on the vCenter server that I can activate?

Thanks a lot in advance

Best regards

marburg

0 Kudos
1 Reply
marburg
Contributor
Contributor

Alright guys, I finally figured it out and it was of course my fault...

The problem was that I modified the hosts file wrong, where I described the fqdn of the ESXis. The correct order would be <ip address> <fqdn> <shortname>.

But I did it in the exact opposite way.

Hope this helps you guys to not make the same dumb mistake I did Smiley Wink

Br

marburg

0 Kudos