VMware Cloud Community
Ace007
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Network Distributed Switch problem in vCenter

Hello ,

Yesterday i submitted post regarding adding my current hosts to fresh copy of vcenter server. you can see the conversation here|http://communities.vmware.com/message/1503800]

Now after adding my current host to a fresh copy of vcenter server, i am unable to access my previous Distributed Switch. it is showing as attached image

if i access the Host directly with vsphere client it is showing without any problem. Please help me , i want to access the distributed switch from vCenter Server.

Note: i have removed standard virtual switchs, i dont have any before and now.

Many Thanks in Advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
nirvy
Commander
Commander

I think you will need to do what vCenter suggests and remove the vDS then re-create it. Edit settings on each VM and change the network to a new vSwitch. Once no VMs are using the vDS you can remove it, re-create then migrate the VMs back.

0 Kudos
Ace007
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for your reply,

But just before this reply i have done like that, I have followed these steps.

1. Created a New vNetwork Distributed Switch

2. By editing settings on each VM i moved it to the New port.

Then after that there was a critical step for me, i was not able to move the service console and VM kernal ports.

Then i deleted the vm kernal port and then it was able to show the new vNDS in the migration tab of Service Console. Thats it, then i re created the vm kernal port.

All is wellzz now.

0 Kudos
Ace007
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have done it by myself. But Thanks for the Kind Reply from Nirvy.

0 Kudos