VMware Cloud Community
Mouky_66
Contributor
Contributor

NetApp VSC 6.0 Plugin won't show up in WebClient 6.0

We recently updated our vSphere Server 5.5 to 6.0 and the NetApp VSC Plugin from 5.0 to 6.0.

Now the Plugin won't show up in the WebClient as it did before the upgrade.

Has anyone the same issue? Is there a solution for it?

The backup jobs defined before the upgrade are running.

Thanks

8 Replies
Jason_Sehlmeyer
Contributor
Contributor

Any luck with this?

0 Kudos
barthur68
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue on a new 6.0 install. I have tried "Run as administrator" for the setup.exe (logged into the vCenter server as Domain Admin, Server 2012R2) and tried registering the Plugin as both administrator@vsphere.local and my AD Account that vCenter runs as. BTW, which one should be used?

The VIC can install the VSC plugin and complains, of course, that VSC 6.0 is only available in the Web Client. In the Web Client, I do not see the Plugin (Administration -> Solutions -> Client Plugins). I do see that 6 "VSC" roles have been created.

I feel like I'mnot using the right user for the installation or install.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
barthur68
Contributor
Contributor

Solution for me was to RTFM more closely:

Note: IPv6 is not supported on VSC. If the server on which you are installing VSC has IPv6 enabled, you should disable IPv6 before installing VSC. IPv6 should not be reenabled after VSC is installed.

0 Kudos
scarywolf
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same issue.  The VSC was not showing up in the web client.  As a last resort, I rebooted my vcenter virtual appliance.

And there it was.

JasonBrush
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issues but are on 5.5 still.  No luck with rebooting the vcsa.

0 Kudos
JasonBrush
Contributor
Contributor

Mine was resolved.  Port 8143 was getting blocked by a firewall, as soon as we opened that, the plugin showed up.  Also rebooted the VCSA and the server the plugin was installed to.

0 Kudos
vishal_r
Contributor
Contributor

For sure the issue would have been resolved by now. But in case someone else hits this issue - upgrading vsc to 6.2.1 would resolve it.

0 Kudos
SparkyCaine
Contributor
Contributor

How many times have we told end users to reboot.  I had the same issue.  I even listed the services on the appliance from the command line.  On reboot it was just there.

0 Kudos