VMware Cloud Community
djenn40
Contributor
Contributor

Need to Patch VC hosts for DST?

We're in the process of patching all our Windows pcs to deal w/ the upcoming DST shift this weekend. Was wondering if anything needed to be done to our 2 ESX hosts (3.0.1 32039) though? I found a site that said that the build we have should already be patched, just wanted to confirm.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
opbz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

sorry to tell you but you are at the base build of ESX3.0.1

there are over 70 patches for it alone also there are patches for Virtual Center as chances are you have an older version.

I would suggest you uptate your esx server to atleast esx3.0.2 update 1 if not higher it will defintelly be easier than applying all those patches by hand

djenn40
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the information. We do plan on upgrading, as a matter of fact we had planned to discuss upgrading ESX and VC this week but other things came up. I read this:

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?language=en_US&externalId=8695824

which details that the DST patch is already installed on the version we have. I just wanted to confirm. We'll be doing the upgrade in the next couple of weeks, but I'd rather plan an upgrade and complete it correctly than have to rush to get it done in the next 2 days before the 9th.

0 Kudos
opbz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

makes sense.

I just saw 32039 and flinched.... I had issues with nics dissapearing, lost access to console, problems with mpaths etc etc Vmware just told me to update in fact they told me initially to install ALL the patches at the time it was over 50

0 Kudos