VMware Cloud Community
nikheelkumar16
Contributor
Contributor

Need Help for monitoring.

Hii Guys,

My manager has asked me to present a report of all the HOST's Performance ,  and maximum capcity of each host

Please note : we are using a standard Edition of vCenter, & we have mixture of host version esx 4.0 & 4.1

Request you to please suggest me on this

need to give all the hosts performance report for CPU  , Memory, Network, Storage & CPU ready time Utilization for each Host.

Also please let me know if have any such templetes.

Thanks very much in advance for helping me.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AWo
Immortal
Immortal

Why don't you export the performance stats from within vCenter?

AWo

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =
0 Kudos
nikheelkumar16
Contributor
Contributor

Hii Vmo,

We have got Hosts upto 40 +, and i belive it's not easy to use take out each and every host performance analyse it and decide it's maximum capicity

Looking for some easy way to finish this task ASAP.

Regards

Nikheel Kumar Uddagiri

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Maybe run a trial of vCenter Operations? That seems to fit your needs.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
vGuy
Expert
Expert

There are plenty of free tools from Veeam, vKernel, Quest and etc, which can give basic capacity & performance data. On the below link there is a good collection of some of those tools:

http://kendrickcoleman.com/index.php?/Tech-Blog/a-list-of-free-vmware-vsphere-tools.html

You can always upgrade to the full version if the free versions do not meet your need.

0 Kudos
ralphmark
Contributor
Contributor

you can find many online tools which gives you basic capacity and performance data. These tools can full fill your needs i guss.

0 Kudos
nikheelkumar16
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Linjo,

Thanks for the help Linjo, vCenter Operations Manager is really an awesome tool, but we have brought ourself solarwinds which is also a nice tool

we have many .vmdk files which has grown more than 30+  GB

request you to please help me with the procedure to split .vmdk files into multiple files on a seperate disks for better performance.

also please let me know KB for VCB in installing and min requirments.

0 Kudos
vcpguy
Expert
Expert

I think, you have one vmdk and partitioned those within the OS. I think, that is not a good idea, specially when you want to increase the size of the disks.

You will have to create a new vmdk attach it and then move the contents from that drive to the new vmdk.

You will have to use some kind of tool like robocopy to copy the files.

Hope this helps.

thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please don't forget to reward Points for helpful hints; answers; suggestions. My blog: http://vmwaredevotee.com
0 Kudos