VMware Cloud Community
nickponcho
Contributor
Contributor

My Host is disconnected???

Hi

Im runnin two hosts with VI3 Enterprise edition and VC 2.0

I,was restarting my VC Server because i had to remove some windows groups from the Administrators group in my win2k3 server that i run VC on.

ANd when i started the VI Client again my second host was marked with a red triangle. and (disconnected) was shown. and was grey.

My virtual machine on that host have all been grayed out and also have disconnected status.

when i mark my cluster (HA DRS) i hav following message in yellow

Configure Issues

Insufficient resources to satisfy Ha failover level on cluster OURCLUSTER

SOme ideas???

Best regards

Nicklas

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MR-T
Immortal
Immortal

IF the VC can't communicate with one of the hosts then the cluster will show this error. You're basically running in a single server setup.

Have you attempted to reconnect the ESX Host by right clicking in the VC and selecting this option?

0 Kudos
nickponcho
Contributor
Contributor

When i log on to the failing esx host with VI Client everything looks normal and my VM's on the failing host responds to ping and seems to work for my users.

In the summary for the failing host the local storage presented to the esx host via sCSI seems to be inactive

0 Kudos
MR-T
Immortal
Immortal

I guess it's working fine if all your guests and ESX are up and running, but maybe it's just not reporting the updates.

Maybe restarting the management agent will resolve this.

0 Kudos
nickponcho
Contributor
Contributor

Thanx mr T but i solved it, my creative sidekick installed a windows server with the same name as the esx host and added a new ip adress for it so that caused the failure.

thanx for the help anyway

0 Kudos
nickponcho
Contributor
Contributor

thanx

0 Kudos