VMware Cloud Community
buchbri
Contributor
Contributor

Multiple Vcenter Servers.

I have 2 Vcenter servers. One is the SSO server for both. It is joined to my AD domain. If I log into it with my vsphere credentials I see both servers. If I log in with my AD credentials I only see the SSO server. I get an invalid credentials error if I try to use AD on the second server.

I have verified that the AD shows as connected on the second box and that all the same permissions are there.

A bit of background I set up the first box and did the AD join before I setup the second server.

How do I get the second box to recognize the AD logins?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Thread moved to the vCenter Server area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

Joining the VCSA to a AD is only one step and it only add one more choice for a identity source.  Now you must assign the permission to the vCenter application it self so select the vCenter in the left tree and click on the permission tab in the middle and add the user/group of you choice and assign the needed role.

Regards,
Joerg

0 Kudos
nachogonzalez
Commander
Commander

For what it seems permissions are not properly configured on both VCSA's

0 Kudos