VMware Cloud Community
is_nt_admins
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Multiple License files allowed after upgrade?

In our current version of the license server (LMTools 10.13) you can have multiple .lic files and just point the license server at the containing folder: C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware License Server\Licenses . This is what we are doing today.

When I run the installer for the license server upgrade from the U3 upgrade DVD (vmware-licenseserver.exe) it requires me to specify a path to a specific license file (.lic).

Can anyone verify that after the upgrade I will be able to go back in and just point it at the containing folder or are we back to having to concatenate everything into 1 file? That would be a bit of a pain...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EnsignA
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Yes, you will be able to stack license files. We actually prefer that as we date each license file so we know when wew bought it at a glance. We have one base license file called license.lic to satisfy the install, then pile the rest in there. We are using U3 of vCenter.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
penghaug
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

We have Update 3 installed, and our LM server has version 10.8.6.0 (and you have 10.13?)

VirtualCenter 2.5 Server Update 3 | 03 Oct 2008 | Build 119598

Anyway we have XX-datasenters and the License files is pr customer in the Lic folder. (I hope it never changes)

And I must say that VMware licensing is'nt trivial.

-Pål-André

-Pål-André
EnsignA
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Yes, you will be able to stack license files. We actually prefer that as we date each license file so we know when wew bought it at a glance. We have one base license file called license.lic to satisfy the install, then pile the rest in there. We are using U3 of vCenter.

0 Kudos
is_nt_admins
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yeah...Help, About says 10.13. File version actually says 10.1.3.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
is_nt_admins
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks! I will run the upgrade today.

0 Kudos