VMware Cloud Community
sidman_ireland
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Moving the vCenter Database

Hi folks,

I wonder could somebody point me in the right direction. I need to move the vCenter DB to a new DB server. Has anyone experience of having done this?

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

There really should be no issues in moving the database - treat it like any other. When it is complete you will just need to modify the ODBC connector to point to the new datastore -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

There really should be no issues in moving the database - treat it like any other. When it is complete you will just need to modify the ODBC connector to point to the new datastore -

0 Kudos
Mark_Bradley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Wienstien5 is correct, the only thing I would add is the link below to a how to doc

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Check out my blog at

__________________________________________________________________________________________ Check out my blog at http://www.ridethevirt.blogspot.com