VMware Cloud Community
cptnjim
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Moving VCenter Virtual Server to different host

I have a bit of a conundrum.  I forget to setup a cluster in Vcenter before creating my virtual servers, including my Vcenter Server Virtual machine.

What I need to do is move my Vcenter server from one host (not in the cluster) to another host (in the cluster).  I'm pretty sure if I try to use VMotion that it will do weird things since by using Vmotion on the VCenter Virtual server I will lose connection with Vcenter during the transfer and it will fail.

I'm thinking I should shutdown Vcenter and then manually remove it from the one host and import into the other host in the cluster, but I'm not sure on the procedure to do this.

What is the best (and safest) way to acomplish this?

Jim  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

No vmotion will work as long as the hosts are configured approriately and are part of the same datacenter -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

No vmotion will work as long as the hosts are configured approriately and are part of the same datacenter -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
cptnjim
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the Info, I just migrated VCenter and WOW, it worked without any issue.  Wasn't expecting it to be that easy.  Thanks for the great answer!

0 Kudos