VMware Cloud Community
abhayabhi1
Contributor
Contributor

Move VM from stand alone host to other host in cluster

Hi All,

I have 1 ESX host and has recently disconnected from Cluster, on which I am facing issue to add server in Vcenter in cluster, I tried all effort and also contacted to VMware for same. As per VMware support team Host reboot is the only solution to fix the issue.

We have multiple critical server hosted on standalone Host and very difficult to get downtime approval from customer. Is there any possibilities to move VM from standalone host to cluster. All datastore is share within standalone host and cluster host.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Praveenmna
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Please clarify the current status of your standalone host.

If its in Disconnected state, then you will not able to migrate the VMs to other hosts even in the same cluster.

Hope you have tried all your efforts to restart the management agents

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. Praveen P Senior Support Engineer
0 Kudos
abhayabhi1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Praven,

Thanks for your reply!

Host has disconnected from Vcenter and not able to add back in Vcenter host cluster, Standalone host and cluster hosts are having same IP range and shared storage. Do you have any Idea if I can move or migrate VM with help of VMware power CLI or any other method.

0 Kudos
Praveenmna
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If ESXi hosts is disconnected from vCenter. , then there are no possible means to migrate its VM to another hosts.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. Praveen P Senior Support Engineer
abhayabhi1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks!!

0 Kudos