VMware Cloud Community
VMotional
Contributor
Contributor

Missing Graphics on "Getting Started"

Hi All.

I am getting a weird intermittent display issue with Virtual Center 2.5 from the client launched locally and remotely. The "Getting Started" page does not pull up the graphics properly (big red x) for the Cluster or Host objects at various times. I've tried a local user account and also a domain account, and the behavior seems random for both. Sometimes it all works... other times one display item is missing. Any thoughts on how to fix?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Joe_Hegyi
Contributor
Contributor

I'm seeing this as well, though only on a server machine that I'm running the VI Client on.

0 Kudos
jsmith0193
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue intermittently from my workstation as well.

0 Kudos
polysulfide
Expert
Expert

I was seing this for a time but it went away.

The two significant changes I made before it went away were installing an SSL certificate and properly configuring NTP

0 Kudos
NHessonSD21
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm getting the same problem here, it have been a couple of weeks for me. One more thing to note is, that the I am missing the images only on the ESX hosts. VM, DataCenter, and Folders all work fine. When I click the ESX host themself the images are missing.

VM got on it! Smiley Happy Thanks,

Nick

0 Kudos
eagleh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

same here. has this been worked out?

If you found this information useful, please kindly consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!
0 Kudos
habibalby
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hello guys,

The best way to get rid of this, is just remove the Getting Started Page, as it has no meaning for Professional People.

Best Regards,

Hussain Al Sayed

Best Regards, Hussain Al Sayed Consider awarding points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
eagleh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So you are telling us to hide the problem? Okay, suggestion taken. LOL

If you found this information useful, please kindly consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!
0 Kudos
habibalby
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

Well, it's not hiding the problem, but does solving this problem meant anything for you? It's only meant for you because you will be coming to know what is the caused of the problem and how it can be solved. But, technically speaking, Getting Started Page doesn't mean anything if you are expert and already familiar with the VC & ESX.

Does the suggestion get rid of you worries?

Best Regards,

Hussain Al Sayed

Best Regards, Hussain Al Sayed Consider awarding points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
mealan
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, that is masking the problem, I have a few customers that this is happening to and would like to know if / how it was resolved, it really seems like a permission issue on said graphics, but I can't find where they are,

Any updates?

Thanks!

Alan

0 Kudos
dmgenesys
Contributor
Contributor

Just out of curriosity - does it happen on a client install that is running on Vista? I have seen this type - disabling UAC on Vista did the trick. No more missing pictures. Must be the way active content is pulled...

0 Kudos
mealan
Contributor
Contributor

nope, all xp, here is something pretty interesting though, I setup a server 2008 vm which required a better password then what we were using. It almost seemed like a permissions error to me, the local admin account and the domain admin account shared the same password, after I changed the local admin account password, the graphics started to work.

Have verified on 2 out of the 4 places, so that might be on to something?

Thanks!

Alan

0 Kudos
mstahl75
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

KB Article 1003216 mentions this problem. I don't think there is a fix at this time. I have seen it occasionally on different clients with nothing consistent on when it happens and it usually resolves itself on clients that have the issue and sometimes comes back.

0 Kudos