VMware Cloud Community
Sonny19
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Migration VCenter Windows 6.5 to appliance 6.7u3

Hi, i'd want migrate VCenter Windows 6.5 to appliace 6.7U3, but when i start VMware-Migration-Assistant in vcenter server this error occured:

"Migration to VMware vCenter Server appliance 6.7 is only supported from vCenter Server version 6.0."

And in log there's "DiscoverInstalledProducts: No supported products were found on this machine." error.

Anyone can help me? Thanks

Edit: i realized that VMware vCenter Server is not listed under Programs and Features but services run correctly. Maybe for this it doesn't work?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ajay1988
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

That seems like registry messed and mostly cannot be fixed. Any patch or upgrade on Windows VC looks for the registry entries to find the source vCenter version details ; without that I am afraid this can be fixed. 

Do you have an old backup which you can restore and check if the VC shows under Programs ? Else you might have to rebuild VC ? 

If you think your queries have been answered
Mark this response as "Correct" or "Helpful".

Regards,
AJ

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ajay1988
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

That seems like registry messed and mostly cannot be fixed. Any patch or upgrade on Windows VC looks for the registry entries to find the source vCenter version details ; without that I am afraid this can be fixed. 

Do you have an old backup which you can restore and check if the VC shows under Programs ? Else you might have to rebuild VC ? 

If you think your queries have been answered
Mark this response as "Correct" or "Helpful".

Regards,
AJ
Sonny19
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you. I finally decided to reinstall VC Appliance.