VMware Cloud Community
shamim-a
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Migrate to New Host is giving error

Hi Team...

I have 4 ESX Host and whrn i am trying to migrate (vmotion) any VM from one particular server (say esx3) to any other host it is giving the following error at "Destination Host selection" window.

The error is "Failed to get the information about at least one disk of the VM. Please make sure the virtual machine is correctly configured, and all of disks exist. It is also possible that the server, where the virtual machine is located, is giving some problems, or some disks are temporarily inaccessible"[/b]

Please advice.

Shamim

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
masaki
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Yes it will umount the image, but I recommend to uncheck the mount at power on flag too.

It's important to use removable devices and leave them connected only for the time you need them, then umount asap.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
masaki
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Are the vm's LUNS visible to target HOST?

check it.

Do you have any specific device (like cdrom) mounted or added?

If so umount or remove.

shamim-a
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

masaki, the main problem got solved, ie the disk access issue, by restarting the VC agent on that specific esx host.

As u told, when i checked, i found that there are some VMs, to which some .iso images are mounted and unable to migrate.

Please let me know that, unchecking "Connected" option in "Device Status" of CD ROM in "Virtual Machine Properites" window will unmount the image?

Thanks for ur help.

Shamim

0 Kudos
masaki
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Yes it will umount the image, but I recommend to uncheck the mount at power on flag too.

It's important to use removable devices and leave them connected only for the time you need them, then umount asap.

0 Kudos