VMware Cloud Community
zvitins
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Management network redundancy configuration

Hi all,

I am new in vCenter (we have v 4.1).

Now I try to create HA cluster, but my servers get warning that "my management network has no redundancy" - I want to solve this problem.

I have two nic, both are conected, but only on one management network is configured.

I found lot of information - how to create clusters, disable this warning, etc, but no one describe how to create management network redundancy.

Can you give me some tips or link to doc?

Thanks.

Zigmunds

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

enjoy http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=100470...

*If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful"*

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

enjoy http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=100470...

*If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful"*

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Each ESX host needs at least 2 service console ports for redundancy. To add a new console port,go to target_esx_host->Configuration->networking tab,click switch properties,select add console port

iDLE-jAM | VCP 2, VCP 3 & VCP 4

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

zvitins
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks!

0 Kudos