VMware Cloud Community
ylafont22
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Management Server backup - Synology NAS (NFS - SMB Shares)

I have created a SMB and NFS share to contain the Vcenter Management server backup and i cannot connect to the share via the Management  interface.  The interface give the error "Access to the backup server is denied - Check your credentials" .

Both shares have been tested, as i can connected to each of them via NFS and SMB by  mouting them on a linux machine with the following commands

#SMB Share

//IP Address/backup /mnt/backup cifs vers=2.0,username=admin,password=adminpaassword,uid=1024,gid=100,iocharset=utf8,rw

OR

#NFS Shares

IP address:/volume1/backup /mnt/backup nfs rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr

I am also able to connect to these shares via Windows.

Can someone let me know of how i can fix this?     ans also the filename and location of the log that records theses attempts.   maybe there is more info there.

Thank you in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Thread moved to the vCenter Server area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
maxyardley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This was a bug and has been resolved with the release of 7.0.1.00100 on 21OCT2020. Upon restart of the appliance backups for both SMB and NFS work normally again.

0 Kudos