VMware Cloud Community
GlenMarquis2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Local Security Policy Requirements

Hi,

I have encounterd this previously, however cannot remember the policies that need to be modified.

Can anyone help with regards to which Windows Security Policies you need to be a member of inorder for your AD - Group/Account to be permissioned and function correcly against a single object in VC?

Now that we have removed Local Administrators from having full access to the VC.

Regards,

Glen.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

hopefully you replaced the local group with another user/group that has administrative priveledges or else you might not be able to set permissions - there are no changes you need to make to AD for an AD group/user to be used in VC - as long as the VC server is a member server of AD you should be able to look to AD for Users and Groups -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
GlenMarquis2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We are not locked out, I have permissioned local server administrator to be full 'Administrator'

But if I permission a domain user against a single resource pool only with Administator rights he cannot create VMs etc

I have sen this same issue before, and it was the Windows Local security policy that needed to be modified.

0 Kudos