VMware Cloud Community
WetFox
Contributor
Contributor

Linux VCenter 5.1 Certificate renewal

Hi Gents,

need assistance renewing certificate on a linux vcenter 5.1 host. Have already tried to renew this according to vmware manual unfortunately without success. would also pay for support

Thx a lot

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As your post needs moving to the area for vCenter Server, I have reported it to the volunteer moderators.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
pmichelli
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

5.1 I don't even know if it is supported anymore. I can say with 100% certainty, it was the most difficult version to get SSL certs working on. 

I would open a support case as you can very likely brick things.  I recall we bricked our 5.1 vCenter host. Those were fun times (not)

Kinnison
Commander
Commander

Hi,

Not that I understood much from the post, but if the topic of the post refers to the vCenter 5.1 object, it's better to say right away that general support ceased in August last 2016 and as far as I remember, letting the certificates expire ended with becoming a "real mess".

Regards,
Ferdinando

tdoc210
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Vcenter 5.1 wow, that is old, there would be no paid support for this, but what error are you getting? it could be you are using the wrong format for the cert?