Contributor
Jump to solution

Link / Button Properties grayed out

Hi all

My configuration:

• 2 x ESX 3.5.0 (HP Proliant DL380 G5)

• 1 x Virtual Center 2.5.0

• Storage EVA 4100

My problem: accessing one of the two server in Virtual Center through VI client, all link / button in the configuration TAB are grayed out (disabled). Same problem selecting the ESX and clickthe right mouse button: all grayed out except "Report Summary" and "Report Performance". The other server is OK: all Properties clickable.

Any suggestion ?

Many thanks

Max

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hicksj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

You say one host is ok, the other is not? Check the permissions tab on the two hosts in vCenter. Are they both the same? It sounds like there might be a role assigned to one that is inadvertently (or intentionally?) cutting you off.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Astro
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi

Another information: in the Summary TAB of the ESX the commands section is empty

Max

0 Kudos
satishgte
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi

Please check the service console connectivity and storage connectivity.

Thanks

Astro
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the answer.

But it seems that all is working fine: I can connect to the service console via putty, all the VM are running (vmdk are on storage)...

Max

0 Kudos
hicksj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

You say one host is ok, the other is not? Check the permissions tab on the two hosts in vCenter. Are they both the same? It sounds like there might be a role assigned to one that is inadvertently (or intentionally?) cutting you off.

0 Kudos
Astro
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes !

There's a role Readonly only assigned. Removed. All is OK

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
hicksj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso