VMware Cloud Community
espi3030
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Licensing

Hello all,

Here is an easy question I have not had to deal with until today. I am currently licensed for X number of ESX hosts, everything is running good. My company has purchased X number of additional licenses, how do I incorporate the additional licenses into my current ones? Do I cut and paste the contents of the new license into the current one? Or do I just place my additional license to the same location as my current license location? Any assistance is greatly appreciated, thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Yattong
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hey,

This kb article may help you

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

~y

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points ~y

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
davidhaase
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

you can manage your Licenses online: http://www.vmware.com/support/licensing.html

As far as I know you can merge your existing licenses with the new ones and build a new license file.

Cheers,

David

„What's Up, Doc?“

-- Pedo mellon a minno --
Yattong
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hey,

This kb article may help you

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

~y

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points ~y
0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Also if you using server based license and running 3.5 u2 all you need to do is place your license file in the same directory as the other license file and re-read the license the license werver will see both sets of licenses.

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
espi3030
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Yattong,

Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for. I will try this.

0 Kudos