VMware Cloud Community
CMCC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Licensing page shows more Activated licenses than Capacity can handle

Home --> Licensing page shows more Activated licenses than Capacity can handle

This happened after I reinstalled the vCenter connected to a new remote DB which was created restoring the backup of the old DB

I tried removing the licenses and then applying as new again, but the error remains

I didn't add any new server

Now I have an alarm at the vCenter: "Alert: license inventory monitoring"

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

PS: see the attached image

Celia.-
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

If you do have an active support agreement, I'd recommend you contact VMware support to clean this up. I guess this issue is related with the one described in http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1015268

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

If you do have an active support agreement, I'd recommend you contact VMware support to clean this up. I guess this issue is related with the one described in http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1015268

André

0 Kudos
CMCC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Simptoms from the KB are the same, I guess this will help me, thanks a lot! I'll try it and if It resolves it I'll mark it as you gave me solution Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Celia.-
0 Kudos
CMCC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

hmmm the only problem is that I uninstalled the old vcenter so I guess I've lost the old ADAM DB... :S

Celia.-
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

If I understand that KB correctly, the issue is caused by wrong entries in the current ADAM database. Do you see any hosts with wrong license counts when you expand the Enterprise licenses in the GUI? I would assume there are one or more duplicate entries for some of the hosts in the ADAM datastore.

André

0 Kudos
CMCC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

yes, I understand now, and yes, there are 2 licenses with negative number assigned

Celia.-
0 Kudos
CMCC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I edited the ADAM db and I could delete the lines I needed.

Thanks a lot.

Celia.-
0 Kudos