VMware Cloud Community
DurwinBrown
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Licensing VC2.5

I'm having problems getting my VC licences to accept my three ESX servers.

We currently have:

Description\

# Purchased\

# Activated\

# Available\

VMware Converter 3.0 Enterprise\

VI3 Standard Edition\

VI3 Foundation Edition\

VI3 Consolidated Backup\

VC Server 2\

I activated the VC server licence, put it into C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware License Server\Licenses and then told the licence server to use that file. The connected to the VC using the VI client, and set the "License Server" setting to "Use license services on this VirtualCenter Server. It accepted the license, but when adding an esx server to the VC, it says "There are not enough licences installed to perform this operation".

The 'Licenses' tab in Administration says "VirtualCenter Management Server / 1/Server / o remaining / 1 Total

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to create one licence file containing the VC Server and the three Foundation editions, apply that to the licence server, then licence the VC in the VI client?

All this licence files stuff seems really confusing to me Smiley Happy

Cheers

Carl

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chill
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Did you bundle all the licenses into one license file? From the table below it shows that you didn't activate the foundation licenses. What is it showing in virtual centre?

If you find this information helpful or correct, please consider awarding points.

If you find this information helpful or correct, please consider awarding points.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
chill
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Did you bundle all the licenses into one license file? From the table below it shows that you didn't activate the foundation licenses. What is it showing in virtual centre?

0 Kudos
DurwinBrown
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That was it Chill. I hadn't bundled the VC and the 3 foundation licences together. Once I'd done that, and applied that to the licence file, following this guide, ( ) the VC server licenced fine and I could add ESX servers to it. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos