VMware Cloud Community
drakeramoride
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

License upgrade

Hello,

First of all thank you for trying to help me.

I have a vcenter server 5.5 with a vCenter Server 5 Essentials license (yes, an old one)

Also I have 3 ESXi (5.5) with 6 cpu with a vSphere 5 Essentials Plus license.

Now my vcenter server stop to work. And It is more easy for me configurate a new vcenter server with a 6.5 version and add the three  esxi 5.5.

So my old license vCenter Server 5 Essentials license does not work for this new one. Can I update the license from vmware site isn´t it? Can I update the vCenter Server 5 Essentials only isn´t it? So without touching the ESXi 5.5 license, isn´t it? And all will work as before.

Last question, what is the cost of the upgrade? Is there any table to know this?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Your duplicate post in the Workstation Player area has been reported to the moderators, asking them to remove it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
drakeramoride
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

Can anybody help me with this?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Kinnison
Commander
Commander

Hi,

AFAIK it depends, if the support services have never been renewed I find it really very difficult (I don't want to express myself in absolute terms) for you to be able to upgrade the license of your vCenter object. You can always connect to the "customer connect" portal and see what you can get.

In any case and IMHO your question is not something that can be answered in the context of a community where those who participate are willing people who do their best to help others in their spare time (I'm just expressing my personal opinion which is worth what it's worth).

Regards,
Ferdinando

0 Kudos