VMware Cloud Community
jimbo4567
Contributor
Contributor

Issue with permissions

ESX 3.5 managed by VC 2.5. I am having an issue with Virtual Consolidated Backup. Its giving me "vcbMounter' 5888 error] Error: Invalid user name or password." I might be in the right area but I wish to add a user I created in Acttive Directory. In VC

highlight the server

Click the permissions Tab

Right click and select Add Permission

Click Add

Select My domain (wait for it to read in)

Scroll down to find the user. (Here's where the error is.. I can't get it to read in past the G users) I tried searching for myself. It won't find it. It seems theres a size limitation. Has anyone got any ideas? How can I add a user? I'm stuck. Maybe I don't have the theory down. I am mostly a Windows Admin.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
hicksj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

FYI, VC has a query limit defined (5000).

Check out Administration -> VirtualCenter Management Server Configuration -> Active Directory

You can adjust accordingly... or you can take the users (or groups) you need to assign permissions to and make them members of a local group defined on your VC server. Assign the VCB permissions to this local group instead of the domain groups/users. This might be more efficient than adjusting the query rules. (especially in large AD implementations)

0 Kudos