VMware Cloud Community
vmwaredimetroni
Contributor
Contributor

Issue with VirtualCenter 2.5 service.

Hi!

We have a problem with VirtualCenter 2.5, when we reboot VirtualCenter (it´s mount under w2003 r2 sp2 physical), virtualcenter server service does not start automatically, we created one dependence with SQL Server 2005 but service does not work automatic, we must run it manually. Any idea for fix this issue?? I attach the error created in windows log.

The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( VMware VirtualCenter Server ) cannot be found. The local computer

may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer.

You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details.

The following information is part of the event: Aborting startup: one or more users refered to by permissions could not

be resolved during startup. Check network connectivity with user directory servers. Alternatively, to allow startup and remove

permissions with unresolved users, add the following to vpxd.cfg:

<security>

<ignoreUserResolveFailures>true</ignoreUserResolveFailures>

</security>

You may want to remove this setting once unresolved users have been removed..

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

Are you using an NT account for the VC service or for the SQL connection? You might want to try to add a dependency on the NetLogon service. That might eliminate this part "Aborting startup: one or more users refered to by permissions could not be resolved during startup. Check network connectivity with user directory servers. " As a work around you could also set the VC service to restart automatically after a failure.

0 Kudos
geob
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have a problem with the SQL server becoming unavailable and then the VC stops. The DBAs don't like to notify us when there is an outage. I have the VC service set to restart 3 times after failure. But sometimes this wasn't enough. So I setup a scheduled task to run every 10 min. and launch the following VB script. If VC is running it does nothing, if not it will attempt to start.

--- Start ---

strComputer = "."

Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" & "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!
" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")

Set colAllRunningServices = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_Service")

Const EVENT_SUCCESS = 0

Const EVENT_ERROR = 1

Set objShell = Wscript.CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")

For Each objService In colAllRunningServices

If objService.DisplayName = "VMware VirtualCenter Server" Then

If objService.State = "Stopped" Then

objShell.LogEvent EVENT_ERROR, "Virtual Center Server is Stopped"

objService.StartService()

objShell.LogEvent EVENT_SUCCESS, "AutoStartVC_V2.vbs is attempting to start Virtual Center Server"

Else

End If

Else

End If

Next

--- End ---

0 Kudos