VMware Cloud Community
ThierryL
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is there a way to get a list of all available guest VMs from the VI Client?

We are currently using VC 2.5 using VI Client 2.5. I want to get a list of all my guest VMs, is there an easy to do that besides manually typing each guest down?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dmaster
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

What do you mean exactly ?

When you use Virtual Center you can see directly all your connected vm's under the "Virtual Machines" Tab when you click on the highest level of virtual center.

You can also add or remove column's in this view for example guest Os...

after this you can export your complete view..File --> Export --> Export List

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

you can export a list from your VCMS. Highlight the hosts&cluster level, choose File>Export>Export List. Export it into a .xls file and that will give you some good information.

0 Kudos
dmaster
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

What do you mean exactly ?

When you use Virtual Center you can see directly all your connected vm's under the "Virtual Machines" Tab when you click on the highest level of virtual center.

You can also add or remove column's in this view for example guest Os...

after this you can export your complete view..File --> Export --> Export List

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

for each of the containers that have vortual machines there is a tab that lists all the VMs - which you should be able to copy and paste the list -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
ThierryL
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I can only see Export events from Inventory while highlighting the cluster, how do I get it to show the Export list?

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

with the Hosts&Clusters highlighted, what do you see on the right side window if you have the Virtual Machines tab open? You can add information by clicking the the title bar. That is where the Export List will come from. Make sure you have some information listed in the Virtual Machine tab.

0 Kudos