VMware Cloud Community
tom11011
Contributor
Contributor

Is my vc server upgrade completed from 2.01 to 2.02?

Hi All,

I followed all the instructions for the 2.01 to 2.02 upgrade. Everything seemed to go well except when I loaded up my new vc client I had red x's on my servers saying that their was an issue.

Basically, I unchecked the box in the cluster settings that says "Enable VMware HA". Than, I rechecked it and now everything seems ok, no red x's on the servers.

What I am concerned with though is whether the upgrade did in fact complete. I notice way down in the logs an even that basically said "Failed to install virtual center agent service" on one of the hosts.

I noticed from another post that some people are turning off high availability before the upgrade.

I just want to know if I am good to go now or not, there are no errors and everything seems ok but I'm concerned.

Also, what version is the license server that comes with 2.02, should I upgrade? My previous server/client was 2.01

thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
masaki
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The VC upgrade was ok, but you must now upgrade your ESX HOSTS to 3.0.2.

I've got the same red alerts too. Try restarting agents on HOSTS with

service mgmt-vmware restart.

The license server it's the same.

0 Kudos
tom11011
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.

If I restart the services on the hosts, what should I expect. Also, will restarting this service affect any of my vm's (ie- should I wait until the maintenance window)?

0 Kudos
masaki
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

No the vm will work anyway. You're restarting VC agents on the hosts.

0 Kudos
tom11011
Contributor
Contributor

I just noticed a problem.

after restarting, I have lost the ability to upgrade the vc clients on the vm's. The box to upgrade is greyed out!

0 Kudos