VMware Cloud Community
sharvey2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is VC client 2.0.1 compatable with VC server 2.0.2?

I can't find this answer in the docs. I know the VC 2.0.2 client is compatable with Virtual Center 2.0.1 because I have tried it.

Does it swing the other way? Will the 2.0.1 client work with VC 2.0.2?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cheeko
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

While it may work, it is recommended to use the new VI client when you go to a new version or build of VC.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
cheeko
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

While it may work, it is recommended to use the new VI client when you go to a new version or build of VC.

0 Kudos
hicksj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

No, the older client will not work. You will be presented with a message stating so and how to update the client.

kbk00
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Well, it for sure works. I'm using this exact setup while I upgrade my three virtual center servers. I'm on 2.0.1 for my client and one of my VC boxes is on 2.0.2

build specifics: VIC-32042 VC-50618

If you found this posting to be useful, great. I didn't waste your time.
sharvey2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I've got a yay and a nay. I know the 2.0.2 client works with 2.0.1 VC server so this is not going to be a problem.

thanks

0 Kudos
kbk00
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

In this case, the yays have it!

If you found this posting to be useful, great. I didn't waste your time.
0 Kudos
Sria
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yeah ... VC 201 Client to VC 202 Server would work ...

But ... if you do so, you would be missing some features introduced in VC 202 Client. One change I remember from my head is, 'Enabling SDK 1.x Webservice' through VC 202 Client. VC Clients prior to version 202 does not have option to enable/disable SDK 1.x webservice support (on VC 2.x server) through Client, here you need to mess up (modify registry entry) with registry entries.

So its better to use recommended Client/Server combinations. Anyways, Client installation wont take much time ... right Smiley Wink

0 Kudos