VMware Cloud Community
vmthunder
Contributor
Contributor

Is VC 2.5 Update2 a full re-install?

We're running ESX 3.5 Update1 and VC 2.5 Update1. I just download Update2 zipped at 544MB so I assume VC Update2 is a full install instead of an "update". Is that correct? If not, where do I get just the "update 2" piece? Just wanted to be sure before I start this process! Thanks.

FYI - the VC database is installed locally on the VC box.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RParker
Immortal
Immortal

Yes, its a full install. You can't download an 'upgrade' of VC, it uninstalls the previous version, then installs the NEW version.

vmthunder
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks!

0 Kudos
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

Also to be safe, make sure to backup your VC database and .lic file in case. Create additional DB for VMware Update Manager if you want to utilize it and point to it during installation. If you want to keep performance data you have to select "yes" during the wizard when it prompt you. Read VC 2.5 upgrade guide on page. 49

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA