VMware Cloud Community
HaraldB
Contributor
Contributor

Installation Error 25036

Hi all,

when I try to install VMware VirtualCenter Server I get an installation errror:

"Error 25036. VMware VirtualCenter Server could not be installed."

I tried the installation under Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows XP Pro SP3. The result was the same in both cases.

What might have gone wrong ?

The Log-File "vim-all-msi.log" contains the following line:

ISSCRIPT_VERSION_OLD = The Installscript engine on this machine is older than the version required to run this setup. If available, please install the latest version of ISScript.msi ...

Any kind of help is very much appreciated.

Best regards

Harald Benz

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Dattu
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am little unsure if this question was answered any where in the forum. (The question was also posted quite some months ago Smiley Wink )

I faced the similar problem today while installing VMware converter. However the issue of "ISSCRIPT_VERSION_OLD" does not seem to be the actual problem.

There was one more file named vminst.log under the TEMP folder which stated that the openssl could not be spawned. And the reason for this is because it was not able to recognise the spaces in my install path.

I have installed the VMware converter in a path without the spaces and it was done successfully.

Hope this might help for future installation debuggers.

Thanks,

dattu

0 Kudos
dickybird
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

try following

for Server 2k3

0 Kudos
Dattu
Contributor
Contributor

Before posting my update in the forum I have tried installing the latest version of the Windows script from the Microsoft site and that did not solve the problem.

After couple of retries i installed it in a path with no spaces and it worked fine.

I have one more set up of win2k3 and suprisingly its installing on that machine without any issues.

0 Kudos