VMware Cloud Community
mmjaboor
Contributor
Contributor

Install vSphere 5 Web

after successfully installing vsphere  web  client  i tried to register  my vcenter server but the following error occure:

The specified vCenter Server(version - 8.0.0) is not compatible with vSphere Web Client 5.0.0.

1234.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mmjaboor
Contributor
Contributor

i installed vcenter server and  web utility from  the same  vsphere 5 package

0 Kudos
jimraina
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

please download latest file from website and check it , may some old file creating problem .

0 Kudos
brianst
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having similar issues, and perhaps it is just an issue with my upgrade of the local web client. My vCenter upgrade went fine, i can hit the web client page on the upgraded vCenter server, however when I authenticate, I get the following message:

"The specified vCenter Server(version - 5.1.0) is not compatible with vSphere Web Client 5.0.0."

I'm accessing from a Win7 client, and I did an upgrade of my vSphere client to 5.1, and it is able to access the environment just fine. I also got the web client from the new vCenter media, and did that install on the local machine as well...and during the install of that client it seemed able to register to the lookup service, etc.

Is it just a problem of closing all my browser windows or rebooting for it to recognize that all my clients have been upgraded, or is there something else I'm missing?

0 Kudos