VMware Cloud Community
billu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Install vCenter 4.1 on Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise x64?

In reading the vCenter compatibility matrix, I see that vCenter 4.1 is supported on the following:

Windows Server 2008 Enterprise 64-bit

Windows Server 2008 R2

Unfortunately, when I try to install vCenter 4.1 on a Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise x64 server the installer throws this error:

This proudct can only be installed on the following 64-bit operating systems:

Windows XP SP2 or above

Windows Server 2003

Windows Server 2008

Does anyone know what I am missing?  Apparently it isn't supported on this platform?

Tia,
Bill

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Is the machine a Domain Controller? Then its because of that...

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Is the machine a Domain Controller? Then its because of that...

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
billu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It is a backup DC... doh!

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Check correctly requeriments > http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=102210...

This error can be > http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=102940...

try too run as administrator

good luck

Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.

Mauro Bonder - Moderator

LinkedIn Facebook
*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos