VMware Cloud Community
bcasler
Contributor
Contributor

Install Vcenter on drive other than C:

I have not figured this one out yet can i (and how do i) install VCenter 2.5 on drive other than C:

0 Kudos
4 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

As I recall one of the options you are given during the installaiton is location you want to install vCenter -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

as David said, the default is C: but you can "change" the install path, we use 😧 and haven't have any problems.

0 Kudos
bcasler
Contributor
Contributor

I went through the install and no opettunity was presented to change install apth or drives in my 2.5 install

0 Kudos
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

The only time I've change the path location is for the VMware Update Manager repository to a bigger drives for all patches/updates storage. Otherwise I wouldn't change it since vCenter server is the only component on the guest so why worries on different drive, unless you have templates with mininal c: drive so create addtional d: drive for other purpose is great practice. I believe you have the option to change path destination during installation.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

VMware vExpert 2009

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos