VMware Cloud Community
wulfgar
Contributor
Contributor

Import machine is "greyed out" on my Virtual center 2.5

Hi,

I have a strange problem on one of my virtual centers.I installed the plugin for vmware converter enterprise and I have enabled it.Everything works (my VI client doesn't crash) but when I right-click on my ESX 3.5 host, I see the option to "import machine" but it is greyed out.I already uninstalled Vmware converter and reinstall.nothing changes.I have tried with and without the converter agent,nothing changes.

With update manager plug-in everything is fine.

My virtual center machine is a VM on that host.Is that causing a problem?

Help me,I don't know what else to try?

Regards

Yves

0 Kudos
7 Replies
java_cat33
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Do you get the same problem if you install the VI client and plugins on a different PC/Server?

0 Kudos
wulfgar
Contributor
Contributor

yes it happens on every PC where I installed the VI client.

0 Kudos
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

Is the service running correctly on the vc server?

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos
wulfgar
Contributor
Contributor

Service is running yes.

I tried this installation with two customers already without problems.It is just here that it doesn't work.The only difference. The SQL database was migrated from SQL2000 to SQL2005 express on the problematic virtual center server.I don't know if there is a link.Besides this problem, the migrated DB gave me no problems until now.

regrds

yves

0 Kudos
Shallis
Contributor
Contributor

I also had the same problem occur a couple of days ago. All you need to do is disconnect and remove the hosts from virtualcenter and add them back. The import machine option will be available again. I believe it has something to do with an inconsistant database. Hope this helps!

Marshall

0 Kudos
gthudson
Contributor
Contributor

This worked for me, thanks.

0 Kudos
Lennymac
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks also for this advice as I had the exact same problem and your advice has done the trick !!, Dave ( WWW.CAI.ORG )

0 Kudos