VMware Cloud Community
AmitKatkar
Contributor
Contributor

Ideal session in vCenter 5.5 for long period

Hello Experts,

I would require your assistance in tuning up my vCenter server.

I can see the users are disconnecting vCenter server by closing vSphere client from remote machine.

Users are using the vSphere Thick Client (C# client) and closing it by clicking on red cross button.

This keep the session in vCenter server as ideal and vCenter server failed to close these session.

I am looking for the setting in vCenter server which will close all Ideal session from vCenter Session Manager.

Please can someone redirect me to correct setting in vCenter server.

Note : Scripts are not allowed in our environment.

Thanks & Regards, V-MAN IT -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
homerzzz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

There is no setting in vCenter that I know of to accomplish this. You can configure the clients. Please see this:

http://www.virtuallyGhetto.com/2012/07/inactivity-timeout-for-vsphere-c-client.html

0 Kudos
schepp
Leadership
Leadership

Well, this is not normal behaviour.

When the vSphere C# client is closed the connection to the vCenter server is normally instantly terminated.

Only the Sessions from users using the Web client, which just close their browser go into idle mode. This timeout can be set though.

0 Kudos
homerzzz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Tim is correct!

I missed the part in the original post that the users are closing the client. The session should terminate when the client is closed.

0 Kudos